Are you in need of a tooth restoration service for a broken, misaligned, stained, or discolored tooth? Two excellent procedures available at your dentist include dental crowns and dental veneers. Dental crowns work by placing an artificial cap over a damaged tooth that looks and functions as a normal healthy tooth would. Dental veneers only place a small layer on the fronts of teeth for a beautiful look that can make your whole mouth shine.
Do you need a dental crown or a dental veneer? Here are advantages to each:
– If a tooth has split or is in pieces, it may be possible to hold the pieces together with a dental crown.
– Dental veneers can be used for minor misalignments and can be crafted to fill out irregular or large gaps between teeth.
-When placing a veneer or crown over a tooth, a small amount of tooth enamel needs to be removed to hold the treatment in place. Dental veneers need less enamel removed than dental crowns do to be cemented into place.
– Dental crowns can conceal and protect damaged teeth that potentially otherwise would be destroyed or extracted.
– Dental veneers can be easily customized to the size, shape and color shade you desire.
– If you have a dental implant, a dental filling, or a root canal, a dental crown may be placed over the top of it for additional protection.
– If your teeth have been slightly cracked or discolored, dental veneers can be placed over the face of the teeth to conceal the damage.
If you would like to experience the life-changing transformation that dental veneers or crowns can provide, please stop by Ultimate Smile Dental for an oral exam from Dr. Robert Wagner and our team at our amazing dentist facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Schedule your visit by calling us at 954-566-5428. We will do our best to help you in any way we can!